Friday 3 May 2013

Nivea Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream for Dry & Sensitive Skin Review!

Whoa excuse the long title! I suffer from extremely dry & sensitive skin - I cant even wear face masks because I feel like they're just burning my face off! I don't even religiously moisturise or cleanse my skin... until now! Just lately my skin has gone so dry & flakey I thought I need to do something about it! Its obviously to do with the fact I only ever use make up remover wipes and we all know how rubbish they are at moisturising!
So a couple of Sundays ago on a spontaneous trip to St. Albans with my mum I decided I would have a little look in Boots to see if I could find anything to cure my dryness! We was wondering around for ages & I was thinking about trying some of the more expensive products which I've read good reviews about but I just didn't know how they would react to my strange skin. I love Nivea products, I just think they're really affordable and they just feel amazing on my skin.
 
 
Before buying this moisturiser the last time I properly moisturised & took care of my skin was probably a good six months ago! Now I have actually got a sample of the new Garnier Moisture Match cream coming so will also be doing a review/comparison in a couple of weeks! So anyways... I have been applying this twice a day for the last two weeks and I have to say I can't really notice a change... I've still got some dry patches especially on my forehead and nose but it doesn't seem to be as flakey as it was before. I generally just apply this all over my face, more so on my forehead and nose, I wait till its soaked in then I either apply my BB cream (which is Superdrugs own!) with a powder over the top or I apply my foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) and the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set my foundation. My make up does seem to go on a lot easier now I am using this, whereas before it would definitely get stuck on the dry patches. I am glad I bought this and I will continue to use this as my primary moisturiser because I just love the consistency of it. It's not too much of a thick moisturiser and you really only have to use a tiny bit. The fact that its in a jar and not a dispenser bottle or squeezy tube (wrong terminology I know?) does mean it is a bit unhygienic so I have been making sure to wash my hands before and after applying it.
 
What do you think of Nivea? What is your number one moisturiser to use? Let me know :)
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment