Tuesday 23 July 2013

My Summer Make-Up Look

 
 
 
 
Since this lovely, glorious weather started my make up routine has severely gone down hill. I don't know about you but there's just something about heat that makes me not want to put make up on? Im putting it on while sweating which is just gross, for the first few days I was literally wearing mascara and that was it but I figured I needed some sort of base. I have been wearing 4 products on my face - yes, four! - so you can imagine how simple it is but it just works in this weather!
 
I start off by cleansing my skin and moisturising before I apply Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer* to under my eyes, on my chin, nose, cheeks & a couple of splodges on my forehead; may be a waste of concealer but its actually got amazing coverage. Every blogger out there knows its brill so im not going to chat about it for too long. I work it into my skin using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush because I actually find this the best brush to apply my base with. I think my brush only comes in the Core Collection set as I cant find a separate link for it?
After purchasing Collection's Colour Lash in Clear* (I can't find a link to it but it was purchased from Boots.) at the #hertsbedsmeetup at the beginning of this month I have been using it to tame my brows! It does a really impressive job at keeping them in tact all day long, mine are very unruly and stick up in all directions if I don't do anything to them; especially at the moment as I am trying to grow them out slightly.
Ive just realised 3/4 of these products are Collection haha. I've been applying Collection's Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner to just below my bottom lashes/underneath my water line for some definition because I feel really naked without some liner! This is the best eyeliner I've ever used and its literally lasted me about 4 months & I use it everyday which I think is amazing for a felt tip liner. When im going out out I do use this to apply a cat flick but in this heat that's just too much.
Lastly but not least is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara which I apply two or three coats of to my top lashes. I do usually like a defined bottom lash but this mascara tends to smudge on my bottom lashes and its just hot for bottom lash mascara!
 
Have you done a Summer make-up look? What are your top picks?
Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather!
xxx

(Items marked with a * were bought with store credit.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment