Monday 24 June 2013

REVIEW - Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara

 
  
 
Here we have Rimmel's newest mascara which I obviously couldn't wait to get my hands on being a massive Rimmel fan! The new Scandaleyes is enhanced with Lycra technology. This makes the lashes look full, lengthened and voluminous without the stiff and brittle feel, which I love!
I'm not the kind of gal who is blessed with long and curling lashes so any mascara I do wear I find it never really lives up to the good reviews. There is only so much mascara you can wear before it starts to make your eyes feel funny. With this new Scandaleyes though I think it may be my new holy grail (after Benefits they're real! mascara).
 
The brush as you can see in the picture is quite large - its actually Rimmel's biggest brush yet and I did find that it was a little tricky to use at first because I was just getting it all around my eyes instead of actually on my eyelashes! I must admit I do prefer a bigger brush like this one because I feel you can apply it as subtle as you want or build it up with a few layers for a more false lash effect.
 
 I absolutely love how this isn't a 'wet' mascara though, I hate it when you apply a mascara and you have to wait 10 minutes with your eyes forced open so that it doesn't go all over your eyelid! I've been wearing this everyday now for about 10 days and I definitely love it. One minor criticism though is that I would not recommend wearing it on your bottom lashes - I know some make up brands now do 'bottom lash mascara' but I am obviously a little behind on the bandwagon and I definitely need to purchase one. I found that after a couple of hours after application I had panda eyes so obviously it just doesn't sit well on bottom lashes and somehow rubs off. I do like defined bottom lashes - I know some people don't - so to still achieve that look without looking like a panda I have been using my Benefit mascara on my bottom lashes. The top lashes definitely stay volumised and curled pretty much all day. I wear mascara for about 9/10 hours out of the day and it still looks just as good when I take it off than it did when I first applied it. Overall, very impressed and I reckon I will definitely repurchase! Just for reference in the bottom picture I am wearing three coats.
 
You can pick this up from any Boots or Superdrug store for £6.99.
 
Have you tried this mascara? What are your thoughts?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment