Friday 7 March 2014

'The Blogger Made Me Buy It' Tag

 

I saw this tag a while ago on Cat's blog and thought ooh yeah ill do that and then just never got round to it until we were chatting and she said I should do it... so here we are! I really like the idea of tags because I think it gives readers an insight to what that person is like and they're really fun :)

1. Who are your most influential bloggers?
I have to say I actually find Lily Melrose quite influential because I think she is very honest & truthful in her reviews and when she says something is good I feel like I need to buy it! I also always turn to Sophia at Tattooed Tealady because she just reviews everything! From high street skincare to high-end make up shes reviewed it and she talks about products in so much detail I find it really helpful because you can know how to use something before you've even purchased it.

2. Do you buy products solely on the result of one review from your favourite blogger, or do you look for more reviews from other bloggers?
I definitely try and find as many reviews as I can, purely because I think the more you know about a product the better & you don't want to buy something on a whim that one person has says its good then its really not, and you've wasted money on something you're not going to use again.

3. What is your most favourite item you have bought as a consequence of blogs?
Definitely Bioderma! Is that a rubbish answer? I don't care... When I first started blogging in April of last year it was up & coming then and everyone was trying it. It got to the point where I bit the bullet & just purchased and I haven't looked back. I have recently tried the L'oreal micellar water and it really isn't as gentle & soothing as Bioderma. So definitely Bioderma!

4. What is your least favourite item you have bought as a consequence of blogs?
I'm going to have to go with L'oreal telescopic wings mascara... lots of bloggers out there rave about this mascara and I've seen it on other people and it looks amazing but unfortunately it just does not work well on my lashes... It doesn't curl them or add volume or do anything, which is a shame because I am a massive mascara junkie and I thought it would be amazing but it wasn't :(

5. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs?
Last weekend I went shopping and picked up the new Bourjois dark kohl mascara because I've heard it's really good... Review to follow! I also got the new Rimmel London Scandaleyes eyeliner which I haven't actually used yet. I don't really buy new make up often - believe it or not - but not so long ago I bought the Rimmel London Apocalips in shade Across the Universe which I love! I really want to buy more colours! I read so many good reviews on the Seventeen Phwoarr paint under eye concealer so I bought that a couple of weeks ago and have been loving it.My 5th & final item I have bought would have to be Rimmel's match perfection foundation - I have used it before but a couple of years back now and I read some reviews which said it was still amazing so I re-purchased.

6. Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, what hype?
I don't actually think I have? I'm sure after I publish this I'll go 'oh yeah i remember now' but I really don't think i have given in to a hype. 

7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, what hype?
Yes... I have avoided the Urban Decay palettes purely because I am not a massive eyeshadow wearer - I wear it sometimes for a night out if I'm feeling like it - and I just couldn't justify spending over £30 for something which I would probably use once a month.

8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews, or are there some items you buy without checking a review?
Most of the time yes, however if I am desperately in need of something, eyeliner for example, I will just run into a Boots or Superdrug and head straight to Rimmel or Collection without thinking because I know their products don't let me down.

Well, I really enjoyed this tag. It made me really think about my buying habits and how much i think about things. A couple of the questions I found hard to answer because I don't really buy make up that often (mainly because I cant afford it...)  and I'm not the most experimental person when it comes to make up looks haha.
Anyways, if you decided to do this tag let me know in the comments because I will be interested to see your answers :)

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment