Tuesday 4 March 2014

#Tanyaburrlipsandnails


Tanya Burr is one of my favourite bloggers/vloggers/youtubers... whatever you wanna call her! She is hilarious, beautiful and seems like a lovely, genuine person. So when she announced she was bringing out a nails & lipgloss range I was so excited to get my hands on some of it! 

Let me just say that lip gloss isn't really one of my must have make-up items but I do love a red lip, so i went for the shade 'Vampire Kiss'. Colour wise it is very red & its a shame but that picture doesn't show it properly :(. It smells INCREDIBLE... like strawberries & cream? You just want to eat it! Lasting time is pretty good also for a gloss as it lasts a fair 3 or so hours before you have to re-apply. It is very moisturising on the lips and doesn't feel too sticky like some other lip glosses do. In terms of future purchases I have got my eyes on 'Afternoon Tea' which is a lovely subtle pale pink colour which will give just some shine and 'Exotic Island' which is a very vibrant purple/pink shade. 

Next up we have nails...



 
 NEW YORK NIGHT // MIDNIGHT SPARKLES

I know what you're thinking... I couldn't have picked two more similar shades! Well when they arrived my words were 'oh well that was silly...' because on the website New York Night did not look as dark as it is! 'New York Night' is a very, very dark red almost black and 'Midnight Sparkles' is a dark shimmery purple. I haven't actually worn these on my fingernails as i have acrylics on at the moment but i have painted my toenails so i can tell you all about that haha. Unfortunately I do have a couple of concerns... firstly, the brush is very thin so doesn't hold a lot of polish and doesn't actually coat the nail in one swipe. Secondly, I have read this on other blogs and it is quite strange, if you can see in that picture above there is a circular lid within the square lid and sometimes this comes apart and sometimes it doesn't which i just find a bit annoying. Apart from that, the colours are gorgeous and next on my list is 'Little Duck' which is a beautiful mint green colour and 'Penguin Chic' which is a simple grey colour perfect for this time of year.

If you are interested in buying some of Tanya Burr's range you can get them here

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment