Tuesday 3 December 2013

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara




First things first; sorry about the picture quality... photos taken by my phone! I picked this mascara up on a whim whilst I was innocently browsing the boots website. There was too many offers going on so I decided to take advantage of the 3 for 2 as well as Buy 3 Rimmel products get another free and the Buy 3 Maybelline products get another free, so all in all I got 4 free items, woop!
 Upon first impressions I thought 'well this mascara is going to be pants look how small the brush is!' I am a firm believer in the bigger the brush the better! The 'precise' brush, as Maybelline calls it, is meant to give you the opportunity to create a simple look or go all out to be made like you have false lashes. I would say that the small brush does give quite a lot of curl, definition & maybe a little volume but not as much as I would like.
The colour I decided to pick up is Blackest Black - ebony pigments in the mascara aim to create a blacker than black effect on the lashes so they look more pigmented. Good idea yes but I wouldn't say they genuinely appear blacker than black; just regular black?
For reference you can see how curling & lengthening the mascara is in the picture in the middle. FYI my top lashes aren't very long anyways... I have other mascaras which create a lot of length for my lashes but unfortunately, this one not so much.

I don't want this to be a bad review because I am actually going to continue wearing the mascara. It's just I'm not a massive fan of the small brush & the blackest black claim. Overall, yes a good mascara but I probably wouldn't recommend it. Sorry Maybelline :(

Have any of you tried this mascara? What were your thoughts?

You can pick up this mascara here for £4.99


No comments:

Post a Comment